The Official Forum of the United Nerds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Forum of the United Nerds

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mondu
Mondu

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2007-06-01

Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II Empty
PostSubject: Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II   Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 8:13 pm

This will probably only apply to Brian (although i know he has already gotten this in his PC Gamer issue), but perhaps there are other rts/relic/warhammer 40k fans out there. Anyway, Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II comes out February 19 and is a real-time strategy game for the computer. What's interesting about it, is that it isn't going to follow the normal gameplay of other rts's. Instead, you control small squads of Blood Ravens, Tyranids, and Orks and then basically you fight for the same reasons you would in a normal rts: for complete control of the map. The squad based gameplay makes the game a more action rpg (rpg becuase you can obtain wargear drops to equip to your squads) game and it gets rid of the base-building idea, which in my opinion is great, because i personally don't really like it. Anyway, yeah, i dont know, maybe there are others who are interested in pc games and if so, share your opinions of this game here.
Back to top Go down
P-diddy
P-diddy

Number of posts : 443
Registration date : 2007-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II   Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 12:50 am

how is this different from a normal RTS?
Back to top Go down
http://basement-studios.net
Bleu
Admin
Admin
Bleu

Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2007-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II   Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 10:58 pm

its more like company of heroes (due to the fact its by the same company) because instead of focusing on base-building it focuses mostly on combat by making you control smaller squads of guys
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitednerds.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II   Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Official Forum of the United Nerds :: General Discussion :: Gaming-
Jump to: